Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm late, I'm late!

I'm sorry! I know I promised you this would be posted yesterday, my apologies. Burning the candle at both ends caught up with me and knocked me out for the day. So as promised here are the photos of the BEAUTIFUL hand made felted Easter sheep from Kentucky artisan Sara Dunham (and from Miss Ewenice too!).
Aren't they beautiful? I am so in love with the serenity and peacefulness they exude. Absolutely stunning for your Easter table. I love that they are all white symbolizing the purity of the Lamb of God(although I bet Sara has to wash Miss Ewenice's sheared curls A LOT to get them this creamy white! By the way, Miss Ewenice is a beautiful Border Leicester sheep, the same as in the movie Babe).
I put them out on white ruffled cake stands, some with cloches and some without, hugged by clay pots of fresh lavender plants and my new 'farm fresh' candles.
A small flock of beauties.
There's another snuggled up to some sachets of dried lavender my daughter Grace made.
A ewe and lamb under a cloche.

This one is my absolute favorite with the lamb climbing up and onto mommy, so sweet! Remember, these creations are handmade with homegrown curls from Miss Ewenice, they are not "stuffed animals", they are works of art and are not intended for small children. (((If you would like to purchase any of these please call my shop between 10AM and 5PM Eastern time at 740-246-BARN or you can email me at
CEO-mom@columbus.rr.com. There will be a flat rate shipping charge of $5 for each one, and $3.00 for each additional one you would like to add to your flock.))))

Sara, a self described shepherd and fiber artist, along with her husband maintain a 26 acre farm in north central Kentucky. Their farm is currently home to 25 sheep, 5 horses, 2 dogs, 5 cats, a small flock of chickens, 60,000 or so bees and untold numbers of wild critters. In 2007 they were certified by the National Wildlife Federation as a Backyard Habitat, something they are quite proud of and encourage everyone to look into.

Sara has a fun farm blog here and I encourage you to visit! The animals are quite entertaining.

Thank you Sara for sharing your wonderful talent with us!

1 comment:

lori miller vintage design co said...

Love those little sheep...I wish I had a flock at my shop. What a great find! You store looks good in the background (from what I can see).
Lori